Anime Central Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Anime Forum... Thanks for the good times everyone

HomePortal*Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Literature in Anime poll

Go down 
5 posters

Have you ever read a book and then thought it would make a great anime?
yes
Literature in Anime poll Bar_left71%Literature in Anime poll Bar_right
 71% [ 5 ]
no
Literature in Anime poll Bar_left29%Literature in Anime poll Bar_right
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
iwannabecanti
Anime Junkie
Anime Junkie
iwannabecanti

Male Number of posts : 265
Fav. Anime : FLCL, Evangelion, Guyver, etc.
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Literature in Anime poll Empty
PostSubject: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 9:57 pm

The City of Ember is a book i just recently read that i think would make a great anime. Alot of books of both Eastern and Western origin of various periods in time have been adapted into anime over the years, i was wondering if im the only one that enjoys a book, especially fantasy, and thinks it would make a great anime. We've all seen movies based on books we've read, some adaptations were good and some were just terrible. Other books are of the type where remaking them in another media would betray the nature of the story: such as making a movie version of the Catcher and the Rye (I'll protest the day i see a movie studio anounce this). However, the settings and plots of some stories are so intricate that a live action movie would never do the story justice. Assuming people still read books and you voted yes, then please post your book and state why you think it would make a good anime. If you voted no then please post why.
Back to top Go down
EurekaSeven
Manga Monster
Manga Monster
EurekaSeven

Male Number of posts : 368
Fav. Anime : Eureka Seven (Hence the username)
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 11:51 am

unfortunaly, i havent.
Back to top Go down
http://initiald.forumotion.com
EurekaSeven
Manga Monster
Manga Monster
EurekaSeven

Male Number of posts : 368
Fav. Anime : Eureka Seven (Hence the username)
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 11:52 am

i just cant see any of the characters in the books i read as anime characters. it just doesnt seem to work for the books i read...i.e. michael crichton, r. a. salvatore....
Back to top Go down
http://initiald.forumotion.com
DragonNinja
DragonNinja

Male Number of posts : 353
Fav. Anime : Fate Stay Night is still up there, Vampire Knight, and Claymore is still there too

Custom Character Sheet
Name: Kasaguri
Weapon: Sythe
Health:
Literature in Anime poll Left_bar_bleue50/50Literature in Anime poll Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 2:57 am

The Dragon Riders of Pern series would make an awesome anime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.veoh.com/users/dragonninja
DarkZangetsu
DarkZangetsu

Male Number of posts : 179
Fav. Anime : Bleach
Registration date : 2007-08-02

Custom Character Sheet
Name:
Weapon:
Health:
Literature in Anime poll Left_bar_bleue50/50Literature in Anime poll Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 2:58 am

nah i havnt either...all of the books ive read i was forced to for school or something lol
Back to top Go down
https://animecentral.forumotion.com
iwannabecanti
Anime Junkie
Anime Junkie
iwannabecanti

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 2:19 am

DarkZangetsu wrote:
nah i havnt either...all of the books ive read i was forced to for school or something lol
i know, i don't think i ever read a book in school i was suppose to cuz i dont like being forced to do something, but i started reading on my own and found books i like. they do exist if you look for them, my favorite is Catcher in the Rye, but i would never want it as an anime. books are always more interesting when you read em on your own
Back to top Go down
iwannabecanti
Anime Junkie
Anime Junkie
iwannabecanti

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 2:35 am

DragonNinja wrote:
The Dragon Riders of Pern series would make an awesome anime.
thats cool, i think Red Wall would be great too if not an extreme version of Hamtaro lol I mainly started this thread cuz i heard that Hal's Moving Castle was loosely based on a fantasy book of the same name, oh and sorry DarkZangetsu if i was being preachy, im a bibliophile and book knocks get to me, im just saying to give em a shot
Back to top Go down
DragonNinja
DragonNinja

Fav. Anime : Fate Stay Night is still up there, Vampire Knight, and Claymore is still there too

Custom Character Sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptySun Aug 05, 2007 10:27 pm

Juuni Kokki is based on a book called 12 kingdoms, I'd say the book is definatly better but the anime is worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
DragonNinja
DragonNinja

Custom Character Sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 1:37 am

Yea, and Redwall would make a good anime. Ive read every book in that series.
Back to top Go down
KissedInuyasha
Werewolf Clan ~member~
Werewolf Clan ~member~
KissedInuyasha

Female Number of posts : 987
Fav. Anime : Inuyasha, LoveCom, Karin
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Custom Character Sheet
Name: Eun Hye
Weapon: Words
Health:
Literature in Anime poll Left_bar_bleue4500/5000Literature in Anime poll Empty_bar_bleue  (4500/5000)

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 6:52 pm

I've read the city of Ember...It could make a good anime, but it would be difficult because in the book they lived in the dark most of the time...They're are two sequals to that, aren't they? I haven't read the third one yet..I think Redwall could possibly be a good anime If they got the character design right...I couldn't watch it if they were all chibis, but it would be hard to do an anime where the animal weren't chibis..I wonder how it would turn out?
Back to top Go down
http://itamizutto.livejournal.com/
DragonNinja
DragonNinja

Custom Character Sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 7:47 pm

Yea, but I would rather watch The Dragonriders of Pern as an anime than I would RedWall.
Back to top Go down
KissedInuyasha
Werewolf Clan ~member~
Werewolf Clan ~member~
KissedInuyasha

Female Number of posts : 987
Fav. Anime : Inuyasha, LoveCom, Karin
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Custom Character Sheet
Name: Eun Hye
Weapon: Words
Health:
Literature in Anime poll Left_bar_bleue4500/5000Literature in Anime poll Empty_bar_bleue  (4500/5000)

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 9:47 pm

True True
Back to top Go down
http://itamizutto.livejournal.com/
iwannabecanti
Anime Junkie
Anime Junkie
iwannabecanti

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 4:02 pm

KissedInuyasha wrote:
I've read the city of Ember...It could make a good anime, but it would be difficult because in the book they lived in the dark most of the time...They're are two sequals to that, aren't they? I haven't read the third one yet..I think Redwall could possibly be a good anime If they got the character design right...I couldn't watch it if they were all chibis, but it would be hard to do an anime where the animal weren't chibis..I wonder how it would turn out?
i only read the first one, i heard that the third one was a prequel and a fourth is being written now. Yeah im sure the original book is better than an anime in almost any case but itd be nice to see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literature in Anime poll   Literature in Anime poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Literature in Anime poll
Page 1 of 1