Anime Central Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Anime Forum... Thanks for the good times everyone

HomePortal*Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Character Type Poll

Go down 
4 posters

Do you have a favorite character type that you prefer over others?
a.) yes
Character Type Poll Bar_left71%Character Type Poll Bar_right
 71% [ 5 ]
b.) no
Character Type Poll Bar_left29%Character Type Poll Bar_right
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
iwannabecanti
Anime Junkie
Anime Junkie
iwannabecanti

Male Number of posts : 265
Fav. Anime : FLCL, Evangelion, Guyver, etc.
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Character Type Poll Empty
PostSubject: Character Type Poll   Character Type Poll EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 7:44 pm

I realized the other day that three of my favorite characters had a lot in common: Haruko from FLCL, Revy from Black Lagoon, and Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo (several series). All of these characters are what I call the Violent Psycho Chick or VPC ( I don’t care if there is an official name). Then I started thinking about how I hated mascot type characters like Pikachu. (That yellow sewer rat still gives me nightmares.) If you voted yes then please put a character type you either love or hate and list a few points describing that character type and a couple examples from different anime/manga. If you voted no then please post why.
Back to top Go down
iwannabecanti
Anime Junkie
Anime Junkie
iwannabecanti

PostSubject: Re: Character Type Poll   Character Type Poll EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 7:45 pm

VPC traits:

1. Gender: Female
  2. Age: Generally has a physical appearance of early 20’s to mid 30’s
  3. Diplomacy: aggressive violence, attack first, ask questions later, then finish off survivors, sometimes while smiling
  4. Morality: Nihilist (anything goes)
  5. Logic: highly compulsive depending on mood, very irrational when upset, often rushes into dangerous situations without thinking
  6. Aura: always projects a cool attitude and intimidates everyone who isn’t a badass
  7. History: usually has a troubled past or is otherwise secretive about it
  8. Strength/Skill: abnormally stronger or more lethal than she appears, often surprises enemies
  9. Emotional Expressiveness: almost non-existent to outsiders, very cold, has difficulty opening up to others, even people she likes, sometimes in a lighter or friendly mood around a close group of people or someone she wants something from
  10. Relationships: she’s not above flirting with a character to get something or mess with them, but she seems to lack the ability or confidence to get in a genuine relationship with someone she likes or just prefers to keep to herself, a loner for all or most of story
  11. General Attitude: very blunt, she can’t stand real strategy and is direct about everything from fighting style to conversations, often very rude and impatient, gets pissed easilyMotivation: usually some self interest only such as money or power, but occasionally to help someone she wants something from or secretly likes and/or respects
  12. Motivation: usually some self interest only such as money or power, but occasionally to help someone she wants something from or secretly likes and/or respects
You don’t have to list that many points or organize them the way I did or even use the same ones, whatever is easier for you. The VPC might be my favorite archetype, I’d like to hear a few others though. If Asuka from Evangelion were a little older I’d put her in the same category, maybe I should revise the age range.
    <LI>
Back to top Go down
EurekaSeven
Manga Monster
Manga Monster
EurekaSeven

Male Number of posts : 368
Fav. Anime : Eureka Seven (Hence the username)
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Character Type Poll   Character Type Poll EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 12:15 pm

the reason i say no is because...well ill explain:

my favorite character in Gantz hates violence.

my favorite character in Eureka Seven is very rash. he never thinks things through.

my favorite character in Trigun is kinda stupid, but funny, and then serious.
Back to top Go down
http://initiald.forumotion.com
DragonNinja
DragonNinja

Male Number of posts : 353
Fav. Anime : Fate Stay Night is still up there, Vampire Knight, and Claymore is still there too

Custom Character Sheet
Name: Kasaguri
Weapon: Sythe
Health:
Character Type Poll Left_bar_bleue50/50Character Type Poll Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Character Type Poll   Character Type Poll EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 1:06 am

If your favorite character in Trigun is Vash then its similar to the guy in gantz because Vash hate hurting people dosent he?
Back to top Go down
http://www.veoh.com/users/dragonninja
EurekaSeven
Manga Monster
Manga Monster
EurekaSeven

Male Number of posts : 368
Fav. Anime : Eureka Seven (Hence the username)
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Character Type Poll   Character Type Poll EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 10:58 am

idk, i didnt think they were anything alike. cause vash is always kinda silly, but the guy in gantz is always sirious.
Back to top Go down
http://initiald.forumotion.com
iwannabecanti
Anime Junkie
Anime Junkie
iwannabecanti

PostSubject: Re: Character Type Poll   Character Type Poll EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 8:03 pm

Vash is very similar to Kenshin Himura (i don't know if you're into Rurouni Kenshin or not) too. Some types of characters work better with different stories. Don't get me wrong, i hate formulaic approaches to shows but my point is that particular character types are more common than others, originality is difficult but usually more interesting. (i don't like the genre of music on American Idol, if i did i'd still hate that show cuz of how fake that portion of the music industry is.) I'm very fond of Miyazaki films and i recal that the main character in Howl's Moving Castle is hexed in the begining and spends most of the movie as a fat old lady. I liked the story anyway but i thought it was nice to see an old woman as the hero instead of the typical young and pretty hero/heroine because you never see that. I wouldn't mind watching a show where a fat ugly guy is the hero if the writing is good. (yea, i root for Choji in Naruto) if you disagree then so be it, thx for posting why, i want to hear everyone's view on good charatcers and story telling in anime
Back to top Go down
Padron86
Full time manga reader
Full time manga reader
Padron86

Female Number of posts : 205
Fav. Anime : One Piece
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Character Type Poll   Character Type Poll EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 8:57 am

I voted yes. My Favorite Characters are

One Piece: Roronoa Zoro
Naruto: Gaara
Bleach: Hitsugaya Toshiro
Full Metal Alchemist:Edward Elric
Full Metal Panic:Roy Mustang
Fruits Basket: Kyo Soma
Fate Stay Night: Archer
Yu-Gi-Oh:Atemu

My favorite characters tend to be more secluded, the quieter more serious type sometimes the badass or misunderstood character.I think all the charcter I listed are very similiar but, its hard to explain. Very Happy Hope this helped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Type Poll   Character Type Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Type Poll
Page 1 of 1